November 23, 2007
Emailing email@example.com caused this reply to be sent, encouraging participants to find clues:
|See you found my little message. So, do you think you have what it takes to be a part of my circle of friends? Are you a backstabbing, self-promoting, ambitious clown who will do anything to prove yourself to me? If so, the first step of your application process awaits...if you know where to look.|
 Personality Profile
Thehahahatimes.com featured some phrases in red circles. By adding the number of letters in each circle and replacing that with a corresponding letter of the alphabet (ie: 1 letter=A, 2 letters=B, etc.), the website Whysoserious.com/Personalityprofile was discovered.
The site contains a 14-question personality test, which begins with this note:
Before you can work for me, we need to do a little screening.
Are you made up of the right stuff to be one of my clowns?
I'm looking for a certain point of view.
Question 1: What is your favorite color?
- 1: Police Tape Yellow
- 2: Pumpkin Gut Orange
- 3: Jugular Red
- 4: Corpse Blue
Question 2: What large, hierarchical organization have you previously belonged to?
- 1: the military
- 2: prison
- 3: Arkham
- 4: I am not a people person
Question 3: Do you have any mental illnesses? Check the most interesting.
- 1: OCD
- 2: kleptomania
- 3: chiroteraphobia
- 4: pseudobulbar effect
Question 4: What do you do when you first wake up in the morning?
- 1: look in face in mirror, admire that beautiful smile
- 2: check crime rates in various cities
- 3: scan headlines in the Gotham Times
- 4: call Mommy
Question 5: What is the most important attribute in a henchman
- 1: being ready to give up one's life on behalf of your boss
- 2: being ready to give up one's life at the hands of your boss
- 3: always putting on your best smile
- 4: not asking questions
Question 6: What is your favorite thing to do on a date?
- 1: attend the latest production of Die Fledermaus at the opera house
- 2: get makeovers
- 3: bringing them to see their bound and gagged family member
- 4: polka
Question 7: What is your favorite music?
- 1: Yanni
- 2: whatever they play when they pass out the medication at lunch
- 3: static
- 4: I'm more of a visual person
Question 8: What do you search for when searching for love?
- 1: split personality
- 2: photogenic
- 3: good driving skills and an uncanny knowledge of security systems
- 4: multi-million dollar life insurance policy
Question 9: If you close your eyes, what is the first image that often comes to your mind?
- 1: The sun coming up over the prison walls.
- 2: A timer. Set.
- 3: twisted faces of anguish
- 4: puppies in a basket
Question 10: What was the most delightful episode in human history?
- 1: the Hindenburg crash
- 2: the Titanic sinking
- 3: the guillotining of French royals
- 4: the invention of "Mad Libs"
Question 11: Do you have any useful skills?
- 1: operate heavy machinery
- 2: audit tax forms
- 3: drive a school bus
- 4: pest extermination
Question 12: When is it acceptable to use lethal force?
- 1: to improve the genetic stock of humanity
- 2: when you need a little pick-me-up
- 3: to get someone's attention
- 4: to instill panic in the teeming, stupid hordes
Question 13: What is the best hairstyle?
- 1: dyed green smeared with blood
- 2: fright wig
- 3: faux-hawk
- 4: do not tell anybody, but a toupee
Question 14: What is the ultimate purpose of life?
- 1: to find funny videos and send them to friends
- 2: to become the worst you can be
- 3: to expose hypocrisy in a world run by the self-deluded
- 4: to watch it all burn
- After completing the test, a love tester machine tells participants how they did on a scale of "Mime" to "A Scream."
- The participant can ensure "A Scream" result by clicking very quickly on two answers before the next question appears.
- A note appears, along with the option to challenge a friend to do better:
Thanks for playing! Your next test will occur in a few days, so keep your eyes open and a smile on your face.
- A few days later (after the participant had presumably taken the personality profile, this message was sent from firstname.lastname@example.org':
If you've finished my quiz, then it's time for the next step in the interview process, something to test your aptitude. Spaces count:
The answer was found by going to the personality profile love tester and using the clues from the email to count out a series of letters. This spelled MAUSOLEUM, which led to Whysoserious.com/Mausoleum.
(Whysoserious.com/Personalityprofile) -- direct link